Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blog #1 102

I found the beginning sections of They Say, I Say, interesting. I like the way they explain the writing process as something that once you learn it you will always know it, (like riding a bicycle). They make it sound so easy. I was already familiar with the set up of an essay, the topic sentence with the supporting details, and the closing statement. The templates were new to me, which I personally liked. They help you structure your writing. I struggle with my writing at times and anything that can get me going is very helpful to me. I liked the way they explained argumentative writing. I’ve always said that I do not like writing because I do not like being argumentative or opinionated, I find it draining and for the most part I do not like reading anything argumentative or opinionated. However, the way the book explains on how to write argumentative and opinionated papers, made me change my mind about it. There are sophisticated ways you can go about expressing your opinions or being argumentative, I love it. Some of the templates that are in the book are very helpful to get you started. I also started to reflect on some things that I could write my opinions about. Or, maybe not, I am not sure it will work, because it would be mostly complaining about people. I also found interesting the part about basically not holding back on what you are writing to not cause controversy. I guess that is what mostly writing is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment